Due to travel restrictions and border closures, GreenPowerMonitor (GPM) has decided to transform this limitation into an opportunity to accelerate the digital transition, increasing its remote commissioning service for its customers.
Normally, the commissioning service is related to the local GPM SCADA solution ad it includes the installation of hardware in an energy plant, usually carried out by GPM engineers.
The commissioning process includes the correct wiring of the elements to be monitored in the GPM cabinet, checking the power, and ensuring GPM get data from all the elements the customer needs to monitor.
Essential elements for a successful remote commissioning
To ensure that our remote commissioning is successful, GPM has undertaken some necessary steps:
- Pre-programming: we send all the elements and tools pre-configured so that only physical connections are required.
- Documentation: we prepare detailed documentation with infographics to describe and illustrate all the connections to verify and check on site.
- Visual resources: we update our plans and installation guideless for each connection.
- Standardization: we perform quality controls of registered data with the GPM field installation test tool, ensuring standardization.
- Prior-verification: we perform meticulous checks of all the connections through photographic tests and videos.
- Audiovisual support: we offer non-stop audiovisual support in real-time.
Keys to success and the future of remote commissioning
The remote commissioning service has many advantages, including increasing flexibility and time saving, continuing the energy transition during times of crisis, and developing projects without delay. Besides, without the need for travel, our engineers and technicians can devote more resources to remote services.
In the last two months, the GPM team has carried out a total of 35 remote commissioning services worldwide, which has been a successful experience for both GPM and our clients. The service has demonstrated our ability to adapt quickly and to be able to maintain the development of projects without delay.
Wade Lai, Project Engineer of ConCom Renewable Energy in Taiwan, affirms about our remote commissioning service:
“Thank you for commissioning and portal setting. We have a good remote commissioning experience. Because when we need help, GPM can usually provide immediate and professional advice.”
According to Carlos Pacheco, COO of GPM,
“We intend to offer remote commissioning as a regular service once the crisis caused by COVID-19 is over. Digitalization is one of the four strategic pillars that GPM is working on. Therefore, we are preparing ourselves to increase the efficiency of the service and to be able to offer the latest technologies to all customers during the life of the asset. Remote commissioning is here to stay and will be part of the new normal”.